Appointments At Manor View Practice
The practice offers a vast variety of appointments:
- 7 am to 8 pm on weekdays
- 9 am to 5 pm most Saturdays
All routine appointments with a doctor are for 10 minutes and it’s usually one problem per appointment.
We have spent a considerable amount of time getting feedback from our patients to try and find a system which suits as many people as possible. In view of the increasing demand for appointments, we have:
- increased the number of receptionists answering the phones
- made a bulk of our appointments bookable on the day.
However, we still offer appointments that can be booked in advance in the early morning, evenings and weekends.
In view of the increasing demand for appointments, we have increased the number of receptionists answering the phone and have implemented an online service called Patient Triage. Patient Triage allows patients to complete an Online Consultation Form during practice opening hours.
Duty Doctor Service
For When You Have an Urgent Medical Problem
This service offers you access to your the practice, where we know you and have your full medical record. We recommend this service instead of going to A&E at the hospital
- Phone the surgery and explain to reception that you have an urgent problem
- Reception can then put you on the Duty Doctor list
- The Duty Doctor will ring you back on the same day
- The Duty Doctor will decide with you what you need, which could be:
- Advice over the phone
- An appointment at the surgery
- A home visit if you are really not well and unable to come into the practice
- A referral to another service
Patients who are late
It is important that you come to your appointment on time. If you are more than 10 minutes late for your appointment the clinician will not see you and you will be asked to rebook. For extended hours appointments you will need to come on time for your appointment. If you are late then you will be asked to rebook.