Complaints Procedure for Manor View Practice

If you have a complaint or concern about the service you have received from the doctors or any of the staff working in this practice, please let us know by completing the form on this page. 

We operate a practice complaint procedure as part of an NHS complaints system, which meets or exceeds national criteria.

We hope that we can sort most problems out easily and quickly, often at the time they arise and with the person concerned.

If you wish to make a complaint, please do so as soon as possible. This will enable us to establish what happened more easily.  If doing that is not possible your complaint should be submitted within 12 months of the incident that caused the problem; or within 12 months of discovering that you have a problem. You should complete the form on this page or use your own format if it suits you.  The Operations Manager will make sure that we deal with your concerns promptly and in the correct way. You should be as specific and concise as possible.


Complaining On Behalf Of Someone Else

We keep strictly to the rules of medical confidentiality. If you are not the patient, but are complaining on their behalf, you must have their permission to do so.  An authority signed by the person concerned will be needed, unless they are incapable (because of illness or infirmity) of providing this.


What We Will Do?

We aim to acknowledge your complaint within 3 working days.

You will receive a final outcome letter setting out the result of any practice investigations. We aim to report back to you within four weeks.

If we expect it to take longer we will explain the reason for the delay and tell you when we expect to finish. When we look into your complaint, we will investigate the circumstances, contact you again if necessary and take steps to make sure any problem does not arise again.

If you are unhappy with the outcome or if it has not been settled after 6 months you can appeal to the Parliamentary and Health Service Ombudsman – again this has to be within 12 months of the alleged incident.

The Parliamentary and Health Service Ombudsman,
Millbank Tower,
Tel: 0345 015 4033

All details on how to complain are on the Ombudsman’s Website.

You also have the option to direct your complaint to NHS England by emailing


Write to:
NHS England,
PO Box 16738,
B97 9PT
Tel: 03000 311 22 33

This is a more formal process and you will have only one chance to put your case which will then be investigated with the Practice.   The time limits are the same as with a complaint to the Practice.

Again, if you are unhappy with the outcome you can approach the Ombudsman.

Please Note:

You cannot follow both of the above procedures. Nor can you complain to NHS England about the way the Practice has dealt with the complaint. You have to choose one route or the other.


There Are A Number Of Sources Who Can Help You Make Your Decisions And Give Advice:

These include:

The Citizens Advice Bureaux
a) Bushey – 8 Rudolph Road, WD23 3DU Tel: 03444 111 444
b) Watford – St Marys Churchyard, High Street, WD17 2BE

NHS Complaints Independent Advocacy Service,
Tel: 0300 330 5454 or email via their web-site.
(Includes VoiceAbility)

POhWER (An advocacy service that also provides advocacy under the Care Act)
Tel: 03000 456 2370 or email via their web-site.

Heathwatch Hertfordshire (can direct you to other advocacy services)
Douglas Tilbe House,
Hall Grove,
Welwyn Garden City,
Tel: 01707 275 978

    Complaints Form

    Manor View Practice